Senior Project Designer:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Project Designer, within our Design Team, due to growth and secured projects. You will be part of the Design Team, responsible for producing CAD drawings/designs, for the whole building envelope. Working on large commercial projects in the UK and overseas. The ideal candidate will be passionate about their role and experience in the industry.
- The design of the external building envelope/façade of large scale commercial projects, from concept/design development, through to approval and construction issue.
- Producing manufacture/production drawings, for all components (if required).
- Liasing with our clients, their design team and the project design team, ie architects, engineers, main contractors.
- Attending design meetings if and when required.
- Raising contract variations, if there are any changes in design intent/scope.
- Manage large projects.
- To record and document information flow (drawing registers, RFI’s, internal forms).
- Ideally 10+ years experience working within the building envelope/façade industry.
- In-depth knowledge of all systems used within the building envelope – ie Curtain wall (stick & unitised), Rainscreen cladding, Composite wall cladding, Structural glass, Windows, Doors, Light steel framing systems.
- In-depth knowledge of construction industry methodologies on detailing and building erection sequencing.
- Proficient in AutoCad.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Self-motivated individual able to use own initiative.
- To be able to work part of a team, as well as the ability to apply concentrated individual effort.
- A good level of accuracy and an attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Experience in liasing with clients and the project design team, if required.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and the ability to create and read technical drawings.
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining effective work relationships.
- Communication skills and relationship building to work with clients and other engineers and architects to understand and interpret their designs.
- Organisation and time management to complete work to project deadlines.
- Flexible approach to decision making, to make changes to drawings at short notice.
- Spatial and design skills to be able to visualise projects in 2D and 3D.
- Experience in 3D CAD software.
- Degree/Diploma in Civil Engineering, Architecture or related discipline.