Graduate/Trainee Project Designer:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Graduate/Trainee Project Designer within our Design Team, due to growth and secured projects. You will be part of the Design Team, providing assistance to Senior Project Designers and/or Project Designers. The ideal candidate will be passionate about learning new skills and obtaining experience in the facade industry. Long term prospects will give you the opportunity to progress to a Project Designer Role, working on Large Commercial Projects throughout the UK and overseas.
- Assist Senior Project Designers/Project Designers.
- Responsible for producing basic CAD drawings/designs, to develop your skills and experience, within the façade industry.
- Update/revise drawings to comments.
- Produce basic component schedules.
- Basic Document control/Office Administration – Uploading/downloading designs/documents.
- Experience working with AutoCad (2D) & Revit (3D).
- Basic knowledge in Construction and/or an engineering discipline.
- Experience with with Microsoft Office, in particular, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Self-motivated individual able to use own initiative.
- To be able to work part of a team, as well as the ability to apply concentrated individual effort.
- A good level of accuracy and an attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Good Communication skills.
- Organisation and time management to complete work to project deadlines.
- Flexible approach to decision making.
- Spatial and design skills to be able to visualise projects in 2D and 3D.
- A-levels or equivalent in Maths/Physics/Engineering/Construction.
- Proficient in 3D CAD software.